Enter your postcode below to find your local personal injury lawyers

Contact our local injury lawyers for a FREE consultation and find out if you are entitled to make a No Win No Fee personal injury claim

Suffered a criminal injury? Get claims advice from your local lawyer

If you have been assaulted or attacked in the UK within the past 2 years and have suffered a personal injury as a result of the attack, you may be entitled to make a criminal injury compensation claim.

At personalinjurylawyers.co.uk we can connect you to experts in this field in your own local area. Injuries of this nature are often the most traumatic which is why we carefully handpick the local personal injury lawyers we work with, so you only deal with professional, sympathetic and understanding experts.

How do I make a claim?
Although it is possible to make a criminal injury compensation claim against the actual person that attacked you, in most cases an attack claim is made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

CICA is a government funded scheme which was set up to provide compensation to people who suffer physical and psychological injuries as a result of violent crimes.

Your local personal injury lawyer can help you make a criminal injury claim through CICA, expertly guiding you through the application process.

The time to act is now
A criminal injury claim made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority must be made within 2 years from the date of the attack. If you were the victim of an attack over two years ago, you may still be able to make a criminal injury compensation claim if there are special circumstances for the delay in making the claim. Your local personal injury lawyer can advise you.

What kind of claims can I make?
There are many different kinds of criminal injury you can seek compensation for. The most common include:
  • Victims of violent crime
  • Accidental injury whilst preventing an offence
  • Arson attacks
  • Injuries caused by animals
  • Injuries caused by vehicles
  • Poisoning
It is important that the police are notified about the attack as soon as possible, and that you keep full details of the incident and also of your injuries and any treatment you may have received.

How much could I expect to receive?
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority can award compensation amounts between £1000 and £500,000. This means the injuries you have sustained through an attack must be judged serious enough to be valued at £1000 or more.

Your local personal injury lawyer will work on a no win no fee basis, so you won’t pay anything in legal fees. And whatever compensation you receive, you will keep 100% of it.

So if you have been the victim of a violent crime within the past two years and have suffered injuries as a result, you can find an expert local lawyer through this site who can help you get the compensation you are due.